Protection & Support
As Legal Advocates we are trained to protect and support survivors of sexual abuse and their family as they become involved with the criminal and civil procedures.
We at the Foundation work and collaborate with the various institutions, individuals, and offices (The Police, Ministries of Justice, The Child Protection Unit of the Ministry of Youth and Social Development, Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team, Health Service Providers, Magistrates, Judges, Office of the Public Defender etc.) involved in the administration of Justice to ensure that every child gets Justice and receives adequate protection services
As Legal Advocates we:
- Ensure that every reported case of child abuse whether sexual, physical or otherwise is properly documented at the Police Station.
- Ensure that the rights and confidentiality of every child is protected before, during and after at all cases.
- Provide information on survivors legal rights and protection
- Ensure that the survivor gets access to medical examination at a government designated health center.
- Provide technical support to welfare officers, Police, Prosecutors, Magistrates and Judges (with respect to Cece Yara’s Policy on Confidentiality) regarding the dimensions on child sexual, safety planning and protect the child from further harm.
- Facilitate the arrest of the alleged perpetrator(s) and the institution of the matter in court.
- Ensure that case files are duplicated and forwarded to the office of the Directorate of Public prosecution (DPP) for legal advice.
- Work with the State’s prosecutors and provide support to them all through the trial process in ensuring that justice is done.
- Help survivors and their families navigate through the rigorous justice system.
- Follow up with cases till judgement is delivered.
- Provide referrals for other services for the survivors and their families.